We’ve been using the World Wide Web for many years already and have kind of taken it for granted that we can video call our friend on the other side of the world anytime we like (for free) using a VoIP application such as Zoom or Skype. While we all know about our best friend Google, who can answer any question in 0.5 of a second, it might surprise you to learn of a few things you can do online that will cut down your living costs.
- Compare Car Insurance – Check out www.rabbitfinance.com/car-insurance, where you are sure to find a policy that’s cheaper than your existing one. You can get instant cover from the online broker and also contact your old insurer to cancel the policy and you could do the same with your home insurance, after all, every little helps when trying to reduce your outgoings.
- Social Media – If you’re wondering how Facebook or Twitter can save you money, you can keep in touch with people without having to drive to their house. If you usually drive over to your grandmother’s every Sunday, you could have a video call every other week, which will cut down on your travelling expenses. Click here for some great family outdoor activities for 2021.
- Purchasing Major Appliances – If you have your heart set on that top of the range double cooker, using Google can help you find a cheaper deal for the same product. With great logistics in place, it isn’t necessary to buy from a local retailer, so you can search for any retailer that stocks the model you want. Saving $150 is not unheard of; you might be lucky and find an online retailer who has one unit left and is prepared to sell it cheap. The same logic applies to buying a laptop or any other piece of digital equipment, which could easily be found from the online supplier.
- Essential Domestic Service – If you ever need an emergency plumber, the Internet allows you to compare providers and many do not charge a call-out fee, which is worth noting. This is a great help when a problem occurs outside of regular business hours, as the Internet is open 24/7 and companies offering emergency services always have one staff member managing the live chat on their website.
- VoIP Communication – Why pay the high telephone prices when you can use one of the many Voice over Internet Protocol applications? Zoom and Skype are just a couple of platforms that offer a free service and you can text with friends rather than using SMS, which saves even more money.
As you can see, there are quite a few ways that you can shave a little from purchases when you shop online, not to mention the VoIP communication platforms that are free to the private user. The Internet offers us much and the Internet of Things will soon be launched and that will transform our lives for the better.