Children need a fair amount of vitamins growing up. It’s essential that they get the nutrients they need to grow strong and healthy during crucial stages of development.
What Vitamin Should My Child Be Taking?
The best vitamins and minerals for children are:
· Vitamin A: Vitamin A is an antioxidant that plays an important role in growth and development. It supports bone and tissue repair, skin, eyes, and the immune system.
· B Vitamins: B vitamins like B2, B3, B6, and B12 are beneficial to metabolism, energy production, and the circulatory and nervous system.
· Calcium: Calcium helps build strong bones and teeth.
· Iron: Iron is essential for healthy blood cells and muscle growth. It can also prevent an iron deficiency in adolescent girls when they begin menstruation.
· Vitamin D: Vitamin D aids with calcium absorption to build strong bones. It may also protect against chronic disease later in life.
· Vitamin E: Vitamin E boosts the immune system and aids with blood flow throughout the body.
Does My Child Need to Take Vitamin Supplements?
The best source of vitamins is a healthy diet. The food a child eats will provide them with the purest and most potent form of nutrients. Recommended items include:
· Milk and dairy products
· Fruits and vegetables
· High protein foods
· Whole grains
However, some children are finicky eaters and do not eat a well-balanced diet. If your child is not getting the nutrients they need from the food they are eating; a supplement is recommended.
Children with chronic medical conditions like asthma and digestive issues may also need supplements, especially if they are taking medications. It should also be noted that soda can depletes the body of vitamins. Your child may need a supplement if they drink a lot of carbonated beverages.
Other Health Tips for Kids
Here are some other supplement related health tips parents should be aware of.
· Keep vitamins out of reach of children so they don’t treat them like candy.
· If your child won’t eat their healthy meals, don’t bribe them to do so. Give them a supplement after the meal instead.
· If your child is taking medications, consult the doctor to make sure they won’t have any unfavorable reactions.
What Supplement Should My Child Be Taking?
If you plan on giving your child a supplement, you want to choose one that’s as pure and potent as possible. Megafood’s Kids Daily Multi is recommended.
The Megafood company is known for producing fresh multivitamins and supplements with whole food for added nutrients. Their Kid’s Daily Multi is a powdered supplement that makes it easy for kids to digest. It’s made with turmeric, carrots, and a fruit phenolic blend to support optimal health and wellbeing.
Your child’s health is so important. You want to make sure that they get the very best nutrition. The right supplement can help, especially if your child is not getting enough nutrients in their regular diet. Which do you feel your child needs the most?